Step out into the world
When it comes to establishing your business beyond Canadian borders, our Global services team is here to support the design, placement, deployment and service of your multinational insurance program by ensuring that your company’s risk management needs are aligned with your business objectives.
Our network of Global services teams provides you with “boots on the ground” intelligence and access to a range of coverage solutions designed to promote the success of your business.
Discover your coverage solutions
MULTINATIONAL PROGRAM DESIGN AND DEPLOYMENT
Reduces the complexity of managing your multinational insurance program by building a customized (bespoke) international service solution that serves your global business needs. BFL CANADA’s global partners are risk experts in their respective regions, who speak the local language and understand the local culture. We provide a consistent standard of service across all borders that aligns with your company objectives, helping you build economies of scale and drive value throughout your organization and supply chain.
REGULATORY GUIDANCE AND JURISDICTIONAL OVERSIGHT
Provides you with guidance on insurance requirements by country, along with tailored insurance programs that pass local audits, and real-time navigation of changing legislation. We strive to keep you abreast of all legislative and jurisdictional changes that may affect your business, by leveraging resources such as internal benchmarks, comparative market analyses, updates from International Associations, and through our Lockton Global network.
CLAIMS MANAGEMENT AND CLIENT ADVOCACY
Through the implementation of a Control Master Program (CMP) in Canada, we can develop and manage a Foreign Service Plan that sets the framework for the entire global program. Our team can deliver in-country claims support (in the local language) which adheres to pre-set loss reporting guidelines that meet your specific requirements and which align with your overall corporate objectives.
SERVICE OPTIMIZATION AND STEWARDSHIP
Delivers a guaranteed standard of service across all borders. Our in-country service teams follow pre-established service mandates, reporting directly to a centralized control in Canada to ensure consistent, faster and more efficient execution of all requests. We understand that the success of your business is not a simple measurement done once a year, but rather an evaluation done throughout the entire 365-day service cycle. Stewardship is a cornerstone of our offering, which provides accountability that is measured daily, not annually.
MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS
Helps you with the pre-and-post-close analysis of your target projects (either Stock or Asset deal structure), the development of a strategic post-close road map which outlines new (go forward) coverages and premium cost outline, as well as various risk transfer measures. This includes transactional liability and the procurement of Representations and Warranties coverage that protects the deal itself and the guarantees made within the SPA contract.
When placing coverage into foreign jurisdictions, the following issues should be considered:
• Insurance legislation within the various operating jurisdictions.
COMPULSORY AND/OR OPTIONAL COVERAGES
• Statutory requirements vs optional coverages in the region.
• Payment to the corporate domicile vs local subsidiary and possible penalties.
• Local admitted policies are needed in order to adjudicate in-country.
• Local representation vs corporate allocation and approval.
• Contractual and/or regulatory obligations to evidence coverage in foreign countries.
• Jurisdiction of trade and possible limitations to coverage in country.
• Capital gains exposure and non-admitted tax implications.
• Inclusion of a financial Interest Clause as part of the Global placement program.
• The need for in-country placement and evidence of select policies, such as:
- Workers’ Compensations
- Employers’ Liability
- Automobile Liability
The BFL CANADA advantage in a competitive market
WHY DOING BUSINESS WITH BFL CANADA IS IN YOUR BEST INTEREST?
- We co-founded Lockton Global, one of the largest broker alliances in the world.
- We have 38 network partners representing over 140+ countries.
- You have access to a vast toolkit of services & resources, beyond the borders of Canada.
- We speak the local language no matter where your company does business.
- We drive better results that add value to your bottom line.
- You benefit from our intimate knowledge of the global marketplace.
- Our service mandate aligns with your corporate objectives.
At BFL CANADA, we deliver peace of mind to our clients. Due to our strong market relationships, we are able to secure the most competitive insurance solutions for our customers, by using financially sound insurers and acting in your best interest.