Municipalities have a significant duty to protect the financial interests of their constituents.
They also operate in a unique way. Elected officials and staff have been entrusted with the stewardship of civic affairs and are all held to the highest ethical standards.
They also need to operate within a budget while balancing the pressures arising from issues such as:
- Public safety
- Civic pride
- Environmental concerns
- Personnel management
- Business development opportunities within the community
- Adequate staffing
- Constituents’ concerns
BFL CANADA is an acknowledged leader in providing municipalities across the country with stable, creative and competitive insurance and risk management programs.
And because it matters to your ability to serve your constituents, our professionals:
- Help you identify risk exposures in your operations
- Assist you in problem solving
- Recommend risk treatment such as waiver or informed consent, risk control or purchase of insurance
- Ensure that policy wordings are interpreted correctly by the Insurer
- Respond promptly to your questions and requests
Your municipal practice service team at BFL is composed of experienced brokers who have an excellent reputation in the insurance marketplace within Canada and globally. We assess your coverage needs and place them with the panel of underwriters that is most appropriate for your size and scope of operation, in order to achieve the broadest wordings and limits.