This coverage is almost always included in a group insurance program as it provides benefits in the event of accidental death or serious injury for very low premiums.
Coverage is most often equal to the life insurance benefit. In case of an accidental death, twice the amount of the principal is payable. As with life insurance, premium is waived in case of disability.
In addition, an amount is payable in case of loss of use of arms, hands, legs, feet, vision and hearing.
As part of the AD&D benefit, specialty underwriters will include optional benefits such as:
- Repatriation Benefit up to a maximum amount
- Spousal Retraining Benefit up to a maximum amount
- Education Benefit up to a maximum amount
- Day Care Benefit up to a maximum amount
- Rehabilitation Benefit up to a maximum amount
- Home Alterations Benefit up to a maximum amount
BFL CANADA Consulting Services Inc. has negotiated agreements with specialty underwriters so as to offer our clients these benefits with significant savings.