WHO WE ARE
Founded in 1987 by Barry F. Lorenzetti, BFL CANADA is one of the largest employee-owned and operated Risk Management, Insurance Brokerage, and Employee Benefits services firms in Canada. The firm has a team of over 650 professionals located in twelve cities across the country. BFL CANADA is a founding Partner of Lockton Global LLP, a Partnership of independent insurance brokers and agents who provide Risk Management, Insurance and Benefits Consulting services in over 120 countries around the world.
Here at BFL, our motto is work hard, play hard and we’re not afraid to prove it! Our employees have the freedom to demonstrate their own creativity, leadership and entrepreneurship because we strongly believe in them. We are a national collaborative team that thrives in a fast-paced environment.
BFL CANADA is looking for a Divisional Coordinator for its Construction team in our Vancouver Office!
As a member of our Construction Division you will be responsible to provide support services to the Managing Partner of Construction. If you’re looking for a dynamic work environment, keep reading!
YOUR DAY AS A DIVISIONAL COORDINATOR
- Coordinates the schedule of the Managing Partner Construction (MPC), prioritizing functions and appointments, ensuring that meetings, deadlines presentations and other duties of the MPC are carried out seamlessly.
- Ensures the accuracy of the MPC’s calendar, as well as managing change and providing flexibility to accommodate changing client needs.
- Manages the MPC’s expense reports ensuring they are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Manages travel arrangements for MPC, coordinating flights, accommodations, car rental, dinners, and other itinerary specifics.
- Acts as initial contact between clients, associations, team members and other senior management.
- Fields phone calls, takes requests for meetings and coordinates various aspects of intra departmental communication as necessary.
- Generates and maintains presentations, PowerPoint and other reports required of the MPC and for the MPC.
- Manages senior MPC’s manual and electronic filing systems, opens and distributes mail.
- Plans events and meetings for the division ensuring compliance with insurance, legal and health and safety guidelines.
- Coordinates sponsorship opportunities.
- Tracks team’s vacation and absences.
- Serves as the liaison between the MPC and accounting department as needed.
- Prepares agenda for team meetings, records and documents minutes and action items.
- Any other tasks required by the MPC.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- University degree or equivalent work experience
- 3 years experience in an insurance brokerage firm (preferred)
- Resourceful with excellent problem-solving skills
- Professional and discreet
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft word and Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Effective time management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well with others throughout the organization
- You will be working in a thriving, progressive and well-established insurance brokerage company
- Competitive salary, group insurance benefits, and RRSP matching plans from your first day
- A culture that encourages and supports continued education
Our Vancouver office is situated in Coal Harbour, half a block from the world renowned Seawall. Employees often enjoy activities along the Seawall during their lunch break with Stanley Park being close by. Our office is easily accessible for employees by car and public transit and there are bike storage lockers in our building.
Let’s make a difference together: please forward your resume in a PDF format to BCcareers@bflcanada.ca and specify in the email subject this job title and the location, so we can learn more about you.
Let’s stay in touch: follow us on LinkedIn to see what we are up to and check out our other job openings.
Learn more about us on our website: http://www.bflcanada.ca/Download the job offer (PDF)