WHO WE ARE
BFL CANADA is a leading employee-owned and operated commercial insurance brokerage and consulting services firm in 12 cities across Canada. The key to our success has always been our passionate and engaged team, now composed of 600 professionals with vast experience and expertise. Here at BFL, our motto is work hard, play hard and we’re not afraid to prove it! Our employees have the freedom to demonstrate their own creativity, leadership and entrepreneurship because we strongly believe in them. We are a national collaborative team that thrives in a face-paced environment.
We are looking for a Client Service Representative for Personal Lines in the Waterloo Office!
The primary purpose of this position is to maintain and service a profitable book of business based upon the company’s objectives and individual business plans. If you’re looking for a dynamic work opportunity, keep reading!
YOUR DAY IN PERSONAL LINES
- Negotiates best terms and coverages for all clients with Insurers;
- Provides exceptional client service by regularly contacting existing clients to ensure quality service is being delivered and needs are met and exceeded;
- Places new business as well as renewals and endorsements in a timely and efficient manner;
- Identifies needs of prospective clients through research and involvement with relevant resources, utilizes team and corporate resources;
- Develops account strategies, presentations and other forms of communication with client;
- Prepares and presents proposals of appropriate products and services to clients new and existing clients;
- Participates in industry functions and targeted public relations activities;
- Maintains extensive market relationships;
- Other miscellaneous duties and special projects as required.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Minimum 3 years industry related experience, specifically with a focus on Personal Lines
- Professional designation required (RIBO)
- Good knowledge of markets and their policy wordings
- Experience with high net worth clients and corresponding specialty VIP insurers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well independently, as part of a team and with others throughout the organization
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office applications
- Good knowledge of Intact Broker Portal
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Customer focused and service oriented.
- High attention to detail and precision
- Able and willing to work under pressure when needed
Our BFL Waterloo office is located in the midst of the Tech and Commercial Real Estate boom, close to both universities (Waterloo and Wilfrid Laurier) and a plethora of hip restaurants, ideal for enjoyable lunches or drinks after work.
The Kitchener Waterloo region is an exciting and growing community. Substantial new commercial and residential constructions (including a new LRT system, various large tech incubators and Google Canada’s new expansive headquarters) are encouraging a growth in entrepreneurship for many industries.
Go Train service in and out of Toronto is also now available.
Let’s make a difference together:
Please forward your resume and cover letter in a PDF format to ONCareers@bflcanada.ca and specify the job title and location in the subject line so that we can learn more about you.
Let’s stay in touch: follow us on LinkedIn to see what we are up to and check out our other job openings.
Learn more about us on our website: http://www.bflcanada.ca/