BFL CANADA is looking for a Claims Counsel for the Toronto Office!
As a member of our Claims Team, you will be reporting to the Ontario Claims Manager. If you’re looking for a dynamic work environment, keep reading!
YOUR DAY AS A CLAIMS COUNSEL
- Prepare legal opinions on insurance coverage
- Conducts analysis of claims and coverage and recommends solutions to coverage issues
- Negotiate with insurers to obtain satisfactory claim settlements, payments and reimbursements
- Assist clients in the preparation of their claims and compiling relevant documentation
- Explain policy terms, conditions and nature of coverage to our clients
- Analyze and interpret insurance policies of all lines
- Ensure claims settlement techniques and best practices are followed
- Manage major / complex claims of national and international exposure
- Claims settlement and drafting of settlement documents
- Revise reports of defense counsel and provide instructions for all litigious claims
- Revise claims adjusters’ reports and provide instructions as required
- Develop client specific claims protocols in order to ensure claims are handled in the most efficient manner
- Produce and maintain loss runs for claims handled within a self-insured retention
- Attend settlement conferences and mediations
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- A bachelor’s degree in law or recognized equivalent is required
- Good standing as a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada
- 1-2 years of insurance experience is an asset
- Excellent knowledge of coverage and good analytical skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work well independently, as part of a team and with others throughout the organization
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Customer focused and service oriented
- Strong attention to detail and precise
- You will be working in a thriving, progressive and well-established insurance brokerage company
- Competitive salary, group insurance benefits, and RRSP matching plans from your first day
- A culture that encourages and supports continued education
Our BFL Toronto office is located in beautiful downtown, in the core of the Financial District. Easily accessible by public transit, our office is close to a plethora of top-notch restaurants, ideal for enjoyable lunches or drinks after work.
Let’s make a difference together:
Please submit your cover letter and resume in a PDF format to ONCareers@bflcanada.ca and specify the job title and location in the subject line so we can learn more about you.
Let’s stay in touch: follow us on LinkedIn to see what we are up to and check out our other job openings.
Learn more about us on our website: http://www.bflcanada.ca/Download the job offer (PDF)